Friday, November 11, 2011

A Perfect Day

So the other day I said I was going to wake up early and go jogging.  That totally didn't happen.  But what did happen was way better.  I brought Bear to one of our favorite trails with the full intention of jogging but I forgot how much running hurts.  I am many things, but a glutton for punishment isn't one of them.  I also brought my camera and kept stopping to take pictures.  So what was supposed to be a 20-minute jog turned into an hour-long walk with just Bear and I.  And it was perfect.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.


It was so quiet and peaceful.  It was like walking in a cathedral.  Only better.  I'm not a very religious person, but sights like this remind me that there has to be something greater out there.






Bear was not impressed by my need to stop and take pictures every ten feet.



I love the fact that this trail is never packed with people.  It's the only place Bear can run free off his leash and I don't have to worry about being screamed at by park rangers.  One end of the trail dead-ends at the reservoir, and Bear always gets to swim around and make a mess.  Unfortunately he didn't get to today because he just got a bath yesterday.  He was NOT happy about his lack of a swim.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.








Dang it if that ain't the most handsome mutt you've ever seen.







Bear kept sticking his tail in the shot.  He was getting pretty antsy at that point.  He doesn't understand why his human wants to just sit around and take pictures when there are so many things to sniff and pee on.

Did I mention that it's a perfect 70 degrees out right now?  Autumn in Virginia is probably the most perfect thing ever.

P.S.  Have you ever tried Picnik?  It's probably the best thing ever.  I edit all my photos on there and it just turns them into magic.  AND it's free.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Have you been having any fall adventures lately?





1 comment:

The Whine-House said...

the kids and I were actually at Newport News park today too...i'm surprised I didn't see Bear running about! That is one mighty handsome pup you got there