Friday, November 18, 2011

Haircut!

After a couple months of hemming and hawing, I got a hair cut yesterday!

About two years ago, I thought it would be a really cool idea to grow my hair reaaaally long.  You see, I'd always had pretty short hair.  Like... Kate Gosselin short (but way more classy and a lot less porcupine-y).  And then I fell through the mirror into blog land and found out that "boob hair" is super cool.  And I had boob hair!  Such a fulfilling moment of my life, I tell ya.

Things were going well, and then we went on vacation.  And my hair asplode.  I guess it was the mixture of Gulf water and chlorine, because all my ends decided to just freak out and split all at once.  I tried to ignore it, I really did.  But the hair at the nape of my neck kept getting all dreadlock-y and all I could do was braid it.

I couldn't even style it anymore because it would just get all tangled and crazy.  I had to cut out more than one knot.  Eventually I just had this weird, frizzy, wavy matted thing living on top of my head.  It kind of reminded me of a shaggy sloth.


Those split ends were mocking me.  And I had way surpassed boob hair.  I could use my hair as a scarf.  Or a slutty shirt.  Once your hair starts doubling as bad clothing, it's time for a trim.


Now dammit if that ain't the most attractive thing you've seen all day!  I had a major case of triangle hair... pyramid hair...

So anyway, I booked an appointment with an apprentice at a local salon and this girl for real worked wonders.  Wonders, I tell you!

I haven't had a different hair style in four years.  And man, sometimes change is good.  Like when you change your underwear.  Or your haircut.  Or the channel when reality TV comes on.  But I digress...


Ta da!  I didn't know my hair could get that curly!  I'm so excited.  I had this big shit-eating grin all day yesterday and couldn't stop looking in the mirror.  My hair bounces, people!


Don't judge me.  It's the only way I could figure out how to take a picture of the back of my head.

And I'm not sure why, but I feel like a bonafide grownup with this haircut.  Not a semi-grownup, a real grownup!  Oh, and the best part?  My cut was free! F-R-E-E!  Because my stylist is still an apprentice her cuts are free and her colors are only thirty bucks!  I know, right!?  I'll give you a minute to pick your jaw up off the floor.

If any of you are in the Virginia Peninsula area and want to know the name of the stylist and salon, just shoot me an email!


Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

Your. Hair. Looks. AWESOME.

loooove it!

Lacie Josephine said...

#1 LOVE LOVE LOVE the new hair.
#2 Your glasses are super cute!