Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frames

I'm thinking of doing an empty frame collage over my dreaded "thermostat wall".  You know what wall I'm talking about.  That one wall that's BAM IN YO' FACE the minute you walk in the front door, and smack dab in the middle of it, right at eye-level, is a stupid, ugly thermostat.

I've had a canvas hanging over it but it's kind of a pain in the ass inconvenient to take it off every time you need to change the temperature.  It's also scuffing the crap out of my walls. (Who uses flat white paint in an apartment complex!? That stuff is impossible!)

So, here is a little bit of what has been floating around my brain lately (all images from Pinterest).







I love this color teal and have a mini-version of a white hutch sitting along the wall...


The wall is really narrow (less than three feet wide), and at a diagonal, and I'm really diggin' the idea of framing a bunch of small frames with a larger one.


I love the muted color combo and the mix of prints and empty frames.


This one is probably my favorite.  I think it's that big frame with the oval opening combined with all those itty-bitty frames.


And on a slightly different note, I love the frame hanging over the big map! I've been wanting to hang a large print over my couch for a while, but balked when I saw how much it would cost to frame the dang thing!  This would be much cheaper and, let's admit, waaaay cooler.

So, what do you think?  Are you digging the empty frame trend?  Would you go all one color or multi?  So many options!


No comments: