Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tights!

Yesterday at Target I was wandering about aimlessly, as I am wont to do on an afternoon when I'm trying to waste some time before work, and the idea of patterned tights popped into my head.

So I found myself wandering awkwardly amongst the old lady bras and little kid shoes and finally found myself in the tights aisle.  Not much appealed to me, and then, all of a sudden, something fuschia and zig-zaggy and wonderful just jumped into my hand unbidden.  Missoni for Target tights.

I guess I had a small moment of insanity, leftover from the Missoni Madness that happened all across the country a couple weeks ago, because when I saw I was holding the last pair, I decided I had to have them. I could always return them if I didn't like them, right?  Well, I got home, pulled those bad boys up, and fell in love!  

I haven't worn tights in over fifteen years, but as I kid I had all kinds of tights.  I guess these just bring back happy memories.  Then I realized, how the hell am I gonna outfit these?  I have a HUGE donk, aren't these going to look dumb?  Ryan's going to hate them.  I need to color coordinate.

Then I hopped on Pinterest and found a new obsession: shorts with tights!  And now, for image overload:








I think the key here is keeping the shorts a little longer and loose, as opposed to Daisy Dukes.  And let's face it, no one looks good in hot pants anyway.  

I'm super excited to try out a couple outfits, although I'm sure Ryan is going to make all kinds of fun of me.  But whateva.

So, what are your thoughts?  Am I the only one itching to release my inner six-year-old and jump on the tights bandwagon?




4 comments:

Lacie Josephine said...

I looked at some today. I think they're cute but I don't know if I can pull them off so I didn't buy any.

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Tights make me nervous...and my husband would make fun of me. :P

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

Ooh I like. I might try that look. Go for it and please post pictures. :)

Much love,
Ashley

The Whine-House said...

Very cute! Mmmmaybe If I was about 30 pounds lighter and cuter I could pull it off though